ADS

Fresh Strawberry Pie

Fresh Strawberry Pie

With all of the fresh strawberries that I had picked up at the market on the weekend, I just had to make a fresh strawberry pie.

Since I am cooking for one, I wanted to make it in individual sized servings so that I would be able to finish it before it was sitting in the fridge for too long. I had some small cheesecake pans that I thought would work nicely. Next, I went looking for a recipe for a pie crust. I came across I recipe for a pecan pie crust that looked like it would be really tasty and I decided to go with that.

Everything went well up until the time that I tried to transfer the pie from the pan to the plate. Of course the strawberries filling spilled out when I removed the side of the pan. The crust of course crumbled when I tried to remove it from the bottom of the pan. I ended up with a mess of strawberries and crust on my plate. Despite the fact that it did not look all that great it tasted wonderful!

I guess I could have just left the pie in the pan and served it like that.

I will have to look for a small pie pan and make an actual pie crust the next time I make a pie.

The crust is really tasty and I think that it would go really well underneath a cheese cake.

Fresh Strawberry Pie

Ingredients:
* pecan pie crust mixture (see below)
* strawberries (cleaned and hulled)
* strawberry glaze (see below)

Directions:
1. Cover the bottom of the pie plate with the pecan pie crust mixture.
2. Press the crust mixture down.
3. Fill the pie shell with the strawberries.
4. Cover the pie with the strawberry glaze.

Pecan Crust (enough for 2 individual sized pies)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup pecans
1 tablespoon butter (melted)
1 tablespoon brown sugar

Directions:
1. Mix everything in a food processor.

Strawberry Glaze

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch
few grains salt
1/4 cup water
1 cup strawberries (crushed)
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Directions:
1. Make a paste out of the sugar, starch, salt and water.
2. Place the crushed strawberries in a saucepan.
3. Mix in the paste (1).
4. Heat, stirring until the sauce thickens.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Mix in the lemon juice.

Directions:
1. Mix everything in a food processor.

No comments:

Post a Comment