ADS

Parsley Pesto on Asparagus

Parsley Pesto on Asparagus

I have used parsley in many recipes, but up until now the parley has been a minor player and/or a garnish. I have never used parsley as the star of a dish. The other day I was watching the food network and they had a recipe for parsley pesto. I just had to try a recipe that placed parsley as the main flavour. I used the recipe pretty much as is, but I cut down on the volume. It was surprisingly tasty. If you like parsley you will probably like parsley pesto.

I have made pesto from basil before, but it never occurred to me that other herbs could be used in this way. This opens a few more doors. A dill pesto? A cilantro pesto?

Ingredients:
1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons sliced almonds (toasted)
4 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Place everything into a food processor and puree.


Roast Asparagus:

Ingredients:
1 bunch asparagus (trimmed)
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Toss the asparagus with the oil, salt and pepper.
3. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.

Take a look at the Weekend Herb Blogging roundup at Küchenlatein.

No comments:

Post a Comment