ADS

Sweet and Sour Zucchini

Sweet and Sour Zucchini

Zucchini or courgettes is one of the vegetables that I did not like when I was a kid. Now I am enjoying zucchini though I find myself short on tasty zucchini recipes. When I came across this recipe I just had to make it. I found the combination of sugar and vinegar add the sweet and sour to the zucchini to be very intriguing. I think that honey might work well in place of the sugar. The mint brightens the dish up and makes it very refreshing.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 zucchini (sliced thinly)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon pine nuts (toasted)
1 tablespoon raisins
1 teaspoon mint (chopped)
1 tablespoon parmigiano reggiano (optional, shaved)

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the zucchini and saute until golden on both sides. (about 5-10 minutes)
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
4. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper and stir.
5. Sprinkle the sugar into the pan and stir.
6. Add the nuts and raisins and stir.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Add the mint.
9. Place the mixture on a plate and top with the parmigiano reggiano.

Similar Recipes:
Parmesan Crusted Baked Zucchini Sticks with Marinara Sauce

Take a look at the Weekend Herb Blogging roundup at Paulchen's Food Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment