ADS

Meringues

Meringues

Since I am cooking in a closet sized kitchen I do not have room for a lot of utensils and devices. A mixer/blender is one of the things that I live without. I also forgot to pick up a whisk so I ended up whipping the egg whites with a fork. It took quite a bit of time. I was whipping the egg whites for 20-30 minutes. A treat that you have to work for!

It is a pretty simple recipe with only 2 required ingredients and a touch of vanilla for some flavour. You can make them in any shape that you want from a bite sized treat to a pie topping. This time I made them like cookies.

Ingredients:
2 egg whites (room temperature)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet.
3. Beat the egg whites until they form peaks that do not fall over when pointed up.
4. Slowly mix in the sugar and vanilla extract.
5. Beat the mixture until it once again forms peaks that do not fall over when pointed up.
6. Place the mixture on the parchment paper in whatever form you desire.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Coconut Macaroons

Use the leftover egg yolks in:
Guinness Chocolate Pudding
Hollandaise Sauce
Avgolemono Sauce
Azuki (Red Bean) Ice Cream
Black Sesame Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment