ADS

Chazuke

Chazuke

Chazuke(チャズケ) is a quick simple meal that consists of rice and toppings submerged in green tea. This dish is a good way to use up leftover rice. It is commonly eaten as a late night snack or as a quick breakfast.

I have been meaning to try chazuke for a while so I made sure that I had some leftover rice and teriyaki salmon from the night before. Overall it was a little plain and flavourless...

I was in such a rush to take some photos that I forgot to garnish it with nori and sesame seeds.

Ingredients:
1 cup cooked Japanese short grained rice (warm)
1 cup green tea (hot)
1 ounce cooked salmon
1 inch nori (cut thinly)
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds

Directions:
1. Place the rice in a bowl and top with the salmon, nori and sesame seeds.
2. Pour in the green tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment