ADS

Cherry Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Cherry Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps

With local cherries in season I have been looking for interesting cherry recipes. In particular I was looking for some savory dishes in addition to sweet dishes. I came across this dish which looked very tasty. I of course made some changes. Instead of frying the chicken in ginger I made chicken teriyaki. I also dropped the honey as my teriyaki sauce is sweet enough. I used "boston" lettuce leaves and they held together while they were being eaten. This dish was very tasty! I imagine that it would also be good as a salad or as a wrap.

Ingredients:
1/4 pound chicken teriyaki (sliced into bite sized pieces)
1 cup cherries (pitted and halved)
1 carrot (shredded)
1 stalk celery (chopped)
1 cup green onion (chopped)
2 tablespoons sliced almonds (toasted)
1 tablespoon almond oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
lettuce leaves

Directions:
1. Mix the "salad": the chicken, cherries, carrot, celery, green onion and toasted almonds.
2. Mix the dressing: the oil, rice vinegar, and teriyaki sauce in a small bowl.
3. Toss the salad and the dressing.
4. Place the salad on the lettuce leaves.

Take a look at the Weekend Herb Blogging roundup at In Mol Araan.

No comments:

Post a Comment