ADS

Fava Bean Pesto on Fettucini

Fava Bean Pesto on Fettucini

When I was at the market on the weekend I saw some fava beans and I remembered seeing an interesting recipe for a fava bean pesto. I thought the combination of fava beans, mint, pecorino and lemon sounded interesting. I was hoping to do this with tagliatelle pasta but I could not find any and ended up using fettuccine. It was pretty good. The mint added a really nice "coolness". I would say that this would probably also be good on crostini.

Ingredients:
1 cup fava beans (removed from the pods and blanched)
2 tablespoons mint
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1/4 cup pecorino cheese (grated) - you can substitute parmigiano reggiano if you wish
3 tablespoons olive oil
lemon juice to taste (optional)
salt to taste

Directions:
1. Place everything into a food processor and blend.

Similar Recipes:
Fresh Pea and Mint Pesto
Asparagus Pesto on Penne
Wild Leek Pesto Pasta
Garlic Scape Pesto on Fusilli with Garlic Scape Garlic Bread
Edamame Dip

Take a look at the Presto Pasta Nights roundup at Once Upon a Feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment