ADS

Cherry Teriyaki Chicken

Cherry Teriyaki Chicken

I really liked the combination of cherry and teriyaki chicken in the Cherry Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps that I made the other day. I thought: "How would just cherries and chicken teriyaki taste?" I was so intrigued that I decided to try it out. The recipe is pretty much the same as the Chicken Teriyaki but I add halved cherries to the teriyaki sauce as it simmers and reduces. It was pretty good. The cherry flavour in the teriyaki sauce was a little to subtle but when I bit into the teriyaki chicken and the cherries at the same time it was an amazing combination of flavours.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 pound chicken
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1 cup cherries (pitted and halved)

Directions:
1. Marinate the chicken in the teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes to a few hours.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Fry the chicken until golden brown.
4. Set the chicken aside.
5. Pour the marinade into the pan, add the cherries and reduce it to a sauce.
6. Pour the sauce onto the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment