ADS

Htipiti (Greek Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Cheese Dip)

Htipiti (Greek Roasted Red pepper and Feta Cheese Dip)


When I was at the grocery store I asked for 100 grams of feta cheese from the deli section and I got more like 400 grams. I thought, no problem I really like feta I will take it anyways. So I needed a recipe to use up some extra feta cheese and I remembered seeing this recipe for htipiti or tyrokafteri or tyrokavteri, a Greek whipped feta cheese dip/spread. It has a lot of flavours that I really like, including feta, sun dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers. It also had some things in that I was not so sure about including the green onion and the jalapeno pepper. It was amazing! I finished all of it in one night. The roasted jalapeno pepper left a really nice warmth in the mouth. I think that I might even try increasing the amount of jalapeno the next time that I make this.

Htipiti (Greek Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Cheese Dip)

(makes 4 appetizer sized servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
4 ounces feta
1 roasted red pepper
1 roasted jalapeno pepper
2 ounces sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
1 clove garlic
1 green onion
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions:
1. Mix everything in a food processor. (Add some oil from the sun dried tomatoes if it is too thick.)

Similar Recipes:
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Muhammara
Feta Salsa
Roasted Red Pepper, Pistachio and Feta Stuffed Chicken
Grilled Banana Pepper and Feta Salad
Greek Style Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
Baba Ghanoush
Tomato and Feta Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment