ADS

Horiatiki Salata (Greek Salad)

Horiatiki Salata (Greek Salad)

With all of the fresh, ripe, local fruits and vegetables that are around it is the perfect time to be enjoying salads. One of my favorite salads is a Greek salad. (I still find that a bit surprising as I did not like either red onions or olives when I was a kid.) This Greek salad has such an amazing combination of flavours. Like most salads, this one is easy to make; just chop every thing up and toss it together.

Many of recipes for salad dressings that I have seen call for a high ratio of oil to vinegar. I like vinegars and I prefer to really taste their bite. I generally use an oil to vinegar ratio of about 1:1. Of course it is always a good idea to mix the salad dressing in a separate bowl so that you can taste it and adjust it if it is needed.

Ingredients:
1 tomato (diced)
1/2 cucumber (chopped)
1 tablespoon red onion (sliced)
1 handful sun dried black olives
1 tablespoon feta cheese (crumbled)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil (I used the oil from the sun dried black olives package)
1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
1 dash oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Mix the tomato, cucumber, red onion and olives.
2. Top with the crumbled feta.
3. Mix the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper and pour on the salad.

Similar Recipes:
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Cucumber, Feta and Dill Salad
Greek Panzanella Salad
Greek Couscous Salad
Feta Salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment