ADS

Melitzanosalata (Greek Eggplant Salad)

Melitzanosalata (Greek Eggplant Salad)


I could not let eggplant season go by without trying this tasty looking recipe for melitzanosalata or a Greek eggplant salad or dip similar to a baba ghanoush. The base melitzanosalata recipe calls for grilled aubergine, olive oil and lemon juice. This recipe adds some garlic and feta for flavour and some parsley for colour. Unfortunately I do not have a grill so I was forced to broil the eggplant in the oven. It turned out really well! I ate it as a dip with baked pitas and I ended up finishing it all in one sitting. I now have one more tasty eggplant recipe in my collection. I have really been enjoying eggplants so far this summer!

Melitzanosalata (Greek Eggplant Salad)

(makes 4 appetizer sized servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 large eggplant
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup feta (optional)
1/2 lemon (juice)
extra virgin olive oil to taste
1 handful parsley (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Pierce the eggplant with a fork a few times and grill or broil it until it is charred on all sides.
2. When the eggplant is cool enough to work with, cut it open and scoop out the inside.
3. Blend the eggplant, garlic, feta and lemon juice in a food processor.
4. Add olive oil to bring it to the desired consistency.
5. Mix in the parsley and season to taste.

Similar Recipes:
Baba Ghanoush
Tzatziki (Greek Cucumber Salad)
Htipiti (Greek Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Cheese Dip)
Hummus
Tomato and Feta Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment