ADS

Nasu Dengaku (Eggplant Broiled in Miso)

Nasu Dengaku (Eggplant Broiled in Miso)

Over the last few weeks I have been enjoying many eggplant dishes. Given my obsession with Japanese cuisine, I looked for a Japanese eggplant dish. I came across this recipe for eggplant broiled in miso. This dish just could not go wrong; I like miso and I really like broiled eggplant. The miso is salty and the sugar adds a sweetness and this sweet and salty mixture goes really well with the broiled eggplant. Asian eggplants are a longer and thinner dark purple variety of eggplant that I was able to find at the local grocery store.

Ingredients:
1 asian eggplant (cut in half lengthwise)
1 teaspoon (sesame oil, optional)
1 tablespoon miso
2 teaspoons sake
2 teaspoons mirin
1 teaspoon sugar
1 green onion (sliced, optional)

Directions:
1. Brush the inside sides of the eggplant sides with the sesame oil.
2. Broil the outside of the eggplant sides for about 3 minutes.
3. Broil the inside side of the eggplant sides for about 3 minutes or until tender.
4. Mix the miso, sake, mirin and sugar.
5. Place the miso mixture on the inside side of the eggplant sides and broil until the miso bubbles.
6. Garnish with the green onion slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment