ADS

Corn and Milk Miso Soup

Corn and Milk Miso Soup

I have really been enjoying the fresh local corn over the last few weeks. I wanted to try using the corn in miso soup. A reader pointed me towards this recipe which sounded interesting. As I was making the soup for breakfast and I wanted to focus on the corn I dropped some of the ingredients from the original recipe. This ended up being one of the more interesting miso soups that I have made. It was pretty good though most of the corn ended up sitting at the bottom. (A thought just came to me: I could puree the corn the next time I make this.) Corn and butter are, of course a great combination and the milk made the soup creamier.

Ingredients:
the kernels from 1/2 cob of corn
3/4 cup dashi
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon miso
1 green onion (chopped)

Directions:
1. Bring the corn, dashi, milk and butter to a boil in a small sauce pan.
2. Simmer for 2 minutes to cook the corn.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Dissolve the miso with some of the heated dashi in a separate bowl. (We do not want to boil the miso as it will not taste as good.)
5. Add the miso back to the soup.
6. Pour the soup into a bowl and top with green onion.

Looking for more soup recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment