ADS

Greek Couscous Salad

Greek Couscous Salad

I have been meaning to try couscous for a while now. On the weekend I picked up instant whole wheat couscous though I was not sure exactly what I was going to do with it. Of course when I looked in my fridge I had all of the ingredients required for a Greek salad so I decided to do a Greek couscous salad. It was pretty much just a Greek salad with couscous, though this time I pitted the olives and chopped them up. The couscous was pretty simple to make; just add some boiling water and let it sit for 5 minutes. The couscous had a nice texture and soaked up all of the excess dressing. I think I will enjoy experimenting with couscous in the future.

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 cup couscous
1 tomato (diced)
1/2 cucumber (chopped)
1 tablespoon red onion (sliced)
1 handful sun dried black olives (pitted and chopped)
1 tablespoon feta cheese (crumbled)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
1 dash oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Bring the water to a boil in a small sauce pan and turn off the heat.
2. Mix in the couscous, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Mix in the tomato, cucumber, red onion, olives and feta.
4. Mix the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
5. Pour the dressing onto the salad and mix.

Similar Recipes:
Horiatiki Salata (Greek Salad)
Greek Panzanella Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment