ADS

Eggplant Croquettes

Eggplant Croquettes with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce


I was going through my photos and I found these photos of eggplant croquettes that I did not get around to posting when I made them a few weeks ago. Fresh local eggplants were still at the farmers market and I was looking for recipes to use them in. In particular I had been looking for a recipe for eggplant fritters as I had recently enjoyed corn fritters and zucchini fritters. I came across this tasty looking post on eggplant croquettes. They turned out pretty good though I had to handle them carefully when frying them as they wanted to come apart. I topped the some of the eggplant croquettes with a simple roasted red pepper sauce and some with marinara sauce that I had in my freezer.

Ingredients:
1 medium eggplant (sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices)
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg (slightly beaten)
1 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoons oil
marinara sauce to taste
roasted red pepper sauce to taste

Directions:
1. Broil the eggplant until golden brown on both sides, about 7 minutes per side.
2. Let it cool and remove the skin.
3. Place the eggplant, bread crumbs, garlic, parmigiano reggiano, parsley, salt and pepper in a food processor and process.
4. Grab a small handful of the mixture and form a patty.
5. Dip the patty into the egg and then in the bread crumbs to coat.
6. Heat the oil in a pan.
7. Fry the patty until golden brown on both sides, about 1-3 minutes per side.
8. Repeat step 4 through 7 until you have used up all of the mixture.

The roasted red pepper sauce was just a roasted red pepper, a clove of garlic, some parsley, salt and pepper processed in a food processor.

Eggplant Croquettes with Marinara Sauce


Similar Recipes:
Curry Eggplant Croquettes with Mango Chutney
Zucchini Fritters
Corn Fritters
Maryland Crab Cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment