ADS

Sun Dried Olive Hummus

Sun Dried Olive Hummus


I am still on my hummus kick. Hummus is such a simple and tasty snack. You can make it plain or you can add whatever extra flavours you want. This time I was inspired by this recipe for olive hummus. I used sun dried olives in mine as they were what I had on hand. This one took a bit more effort as I had to remove the pits from the olives before adding them to the food processor. Add some toasted whole wheat pita triangles for a tasty and fairly healthy snack.

Ingredients:
1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
1/2 cup sun dried olives (pitted)
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup tahini
1/2 lemon (juice)
olive oil to taste
salt and pepper to taste
parsley to taste (chopped, optional)

Directions:
1. Puree everything in a food processor until smooth. Add some water (or more olive oil) to bring it to the consistency that you like.
2. Serve garnished with chopped parsley and olive oil to taste.

Similar Recipes:
Hummus
Roasted Garlic Hummus
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus

No comments:

Post a Comment