ADS

Roasted Beet Salad with Blue Cheese and Cashews

Roasted Beet Salad with Blue Cheese and Cashews


I have been meaning to try beets for a while now. I have been seeing them at the farmers market for a few weeks and I finally got around to picking some up. The only dish that I have really seen beets in is a beet salad so I thought I would try that. I saw some recipes that called for boiling the beets and some that called for oven roasting. I decided to go with oven roasting as it seems to add a flavour. I had heard that beets can stain your hands red for a while so I wore ziplock bags on my hands while peeling and cutting the roasted beets. They did indeed leave some stains on the counter that took some effort to remove. The oven roasted beets were pretty good. They were sweet and I really enjoyed their texture. Now I am off to look for some more tasty way to use beets.

Ingredients:
2 medium beets (washed and trimmed)
1 serving salad greens
1 ounce blue cheese
1 handful cashews
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Wrap the beets in aluminum foil.
2. Bake the beets in a preheated 375F oven until soft, about 1 to 1.5 hours.
3. Let the beets cool.
4. Peel the beets and cut into bit sized pieces.
5. Assemble the salad.

Similar Recipes:
Golden Beet Tatin with Goat Cheese
Roasted Beets with Caramelized Onions and Feta

No comments:

Post a Comment