ADS

Curry Eggplant Croquettes with Mango Chutney

Curry Eggplant Croquettes with Mango Chutney


Not too long ago I made Eggplant Croquettes and I really enjoyed them. They had an Italian theme of flavours going on with the parmigiano reggiano, the parsley, the marinara and the roasted red pepper sauce. Soon after I was reading this post on eggplants that mentions both eggplant croquettes and mango chutney and inspiration hit. What if I made eggplant croquettes with curry and topped them with some mango chutney? I thought that I would use the same basic recipe and swap the parmigiano reggiano for some curry powder, the parsley for some cilantro. I finally got around to trying the dish and it turned out pretty good. Then again, I really like curry and I am always trying to find ways to work it into new dishes. I am also really into the jar of mango chutney that I picked up not too long ago. Now I just need to get around to looking for a recipe to make my own mango chutney.

Ingredients:
1 medium eggplant (sliced in 1/4 inch thick slices)
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cilantro (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg (slightly beaten)
1 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoons oil
mango chutney to taste

Directions:
1. Broil the eggplant until golden brown on both sides, about 7 minutes per side.
2. Let it cool and remove the skin.
3. Place the eggplant, bread crumbs, garlic, curry powder, cilantro, salt and pepper in a food processor and process.
4. Grab a small handful of the mixture and form a patty.
5. Dip the patty into the egg and then in the bread crumbs to coat.
6. Heat the oil in a pan.
7. Fry the patty until golden brown on both sides, about 1-3 minutes per side.
8. Repeat step 4 through 7 until you have used up all of the mixture.

Similar Recipes:
Eggplant Croquettes
Zucchini Fritters
Corn Fritters
Maryland Crab Cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment