ADS

How to Make Chestnut Puree

I have been looking for chestnut recipes lately and I have seen a few that call for chestnut puree. Since I have a bunch of fresh chestnuts I thought: Why don't I make my own chestnut puree? When making the chestnut puree I used boiled chestnuts as they are softer than roasted chestnuts. Chestnut puree comes both sweetened and unsweetened varieties. If you wasted to make a sweetened puree you could just add sugar or some other sweetener such as maple syrup or honey, etc.

Ingredients:
12 chestnuts (boiled and peeled)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water

Directions:
1. Place every thing in a small sauce pan. (The liquid should just cover the chestnuts.)
2. Simmer the chestnuts until soft, about 10-20 minutes. (Watch them as milk can quickly boil over the side of a pan.)
3. Scoop the chestnuts out of the liquid, reserving the liquid.
4. Puree the chestnuts using as much of the reserved liquid as required.

Use in:
Chestnut Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment