ADS

How to Roast Chestnuts

Roasted Chestnuts


I have been seeing chestnuts in the market for the last few weeks and I kept thinking that I would like to try them. But, I was wondering what I could do with them. I thought the first thing that I should do was roast them. Roasting and peeling the chestnuts was a bit of work but well worth the effort. I really liked the chestnuts. Now I will have to look for some recipes that use them.

Directions:
1. Cut an X into one side of the chestnuts to allow steam to escape. This will prevent the chestnut from exploding.
2. Place the chestnuts on a baking sheet with the X facing up.
3. Bake the chestnuts in a preheated 425F oven until they are tender and easy to peel, about 15-25 minutes
4. Let the chestnuts cool.
5. Peel the shells and the skin from the nuts.

Roasted Chestnuts


Use the roasted chestnuts in:
Italian Lentil and Chestnut Stew
Mushroom and Leek Wild Rice Salad
Italian Sausage, Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing

Similar Recipes:
How to Boil Chestnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment