ADS

Butternut Squash Soup

Butternut Squash Soup


I was pleased to see that this months Food for Thought Cooking Club Challenge was Pumpkin Soup by Jamie Oliver. Strangely, the "pumpkin" soup is made with butternut squash, which was fine as I really like oven roasted butternut squash. What really interested me about the recipe was that it included chestnuts. I have been seeing chestnuts at the farmers market and I have been wanting to try using them in a recipe. The recipe did not really say what to do with the chestnuts so I roasted them in the oven and peeled and chopped them. The butternut squash soup was really good! It was nice and thick. The chillies added a nice heat and that balanced well with the sweetness of the squash. The soft chunks of chestnut added a nice texture. How can you go wrong topping the soup with sour cream and crispy fried sage and squash seeds? Even though I halved the recipe I have a lot leftovers. I will be able to enjoy this soup for through out the week.

Recipe

Similar Recipes:
Sweet Potato Soup
Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Roasted Tomato Soup
Roasted Pumpkin, Pancetta and Sage Soup

More soup recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment