ADS

Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Ravioli in Sage and Butter Sauce

Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Ravioli in Sage and Butter Sauce


I have been seeing some interesting raviolis lately and I though that I would use some of my leftover pumpkin puree in a ravioli. I searched around a bit and I found a few pumpkin ravioli recipes. Some used ricotta cheese and others used parmesan cheese. I had some cream cheese in the fridge and decided to go with that. I wanted the pumpkin to be center stage so I went with a light cumin seasoning. I have yet to try making my own pasta and I do not have any pasta making tools so I though I would just go with wonton wrappers. I recently tried and liked sage fried in butter and I though I would go with a browned butter and sage sauce. When sage is fried in butter it gets nice and crispy and it is full of flavour. Overall this was a pretty quick and tasty meal. I really need to get around to trying to make my own pasta from scratch.

Ingredients:
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
wonton wrappers
2 tablespoon butter
a few sage leaves

Directions:
1. Mix the pumpkin, cream cheese, cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Place 1 teaspoon of filling on a wonton wrapper. Wet the outside edge of the wonton wrapper with water. Fold the wonton over and press the edges together firmly to seal.
3. Boil the ravioli for 2-3 minutes to cook.
4. Melt the butter in a pan with the sage.
5. Cook the butter until it browns and remove from heat immediately.
6. Toss the ravioli and sauce and serve.

Similar Recipes:
Butternut Squash, Italian Sausage and Sage Pasta
Penne with Pumpkin and Sage Sauce
Caramelized Pumpkin and Gorgonzola Salad
Pumpkin Mac n Cheese with Amaretti Crust

Take a look at Presto Pasta Nights at Once Upon a Feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment