ADS

My Top 10 Favorite Recipes in 2007

The year 2007 was the year that I discovered food blogging! My adventures in food blogging started when I got back from my vacation in Japan. I was looking for recipes for some of the dishes that I had tried when I was there when I came across a blog about Japanese food. After reading through all of the posts on the blog I followed some of the links in the blog roll and I found more food blogs. The pictures on the food blogs were so enticing and tasty looking that I both started to cook and to take pictures of what I was cooking. After a while I decided to start my own food blog and the rest is history.

I have come a long way since I started food blogging. Before, I was making the same few dishes over and over again. Now, I have tried many new foods and dishes from several different cuisines. Along the way I have met many other food bloggers that have both inspired me and helped me along the way.

I look forward to discovering many new and tasty foods in 2008!

Happy New Year!

With the year coming to an end I took the opportunity to look at what I had been making. Here are my 10 favorite dishes from 2007:


Salmon Teriyaki

Salmon Teriyaki - Salmon teriyaki really did it for me this year and it easily places as my number one favourite meal in 2007! It is so quick and easy to make and yet so good, especially when you use your own homemade teriyaki sauce.



Bibimbap

Bibimbap - I first tried this dish at a restaurant this year and I liked it so much that I had to make it at home. This dish is great for using up bits of leftover meat where you just add it to rice along with lots of vegetables and a spicy Korean chili sauce. Not only is it super tasty but it is also pretty healthy!



Penang Gai (Chicken Penang Curry)

Penang Gai (Chicken Penang Curry) - Thai cuisine is one of my favorites with their curries placing near the top. This year I tried making my own curry paste with great success! This chicken curry was the result and it was so fresh and good!



Basil Pesto on Penne

Basil Pesto on Penne - I experimented a lot with pestos this year and the standard basil pesto was among my favorites. It goes great on pasta and it is also an amazing condiment that can be used in any number of dishes.



Pumpkin Risotto

Pumpkin Risotto - 2007 was the year that I discovered how beautiful homemade risotto was. This pumpkin risotto was my favorite where the sweet pumpkin/squash works so well creamy and cheesy risotto.



Zucchini Carbonara

Zucchini Carbonara - You cannot go wrong with a simple pasta with a creamy sauce and bacon but adding fresh zucchini makes it better, and even a bit healthier.



Melitzanosalata (Greek Eggplant Salad)

Melitzanosalata (Greek Eggplant Salad) - Roasted eggplant is so good and when you puree it and add a bit of feta it makes an excellent dip/spread. Enjoy with some fresh or toasted whole wheat pitas for an amazingly tasty and healthy snack.



Htipiti (Greek Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Cheese Dip)

Htipiti (Greek Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Cheese Dip) - This is another great Greek dip/spread that is really tasty with the feta, roasted red peppers and sun dried tomatoes. Add some roasted jalapeno peppers for a bit of a spicy kick.



Turkey Sandwich with Cranberry Sauce

Turkey Sandwich with Cranberry Sauce - This has to be one of my all time favorite sandwiches and it is the perfect way to use any leftover roast turkey. The Turkey, cranberry and mayo combination is just so good!



Tofu and Wakame Miso Soup

Tofu and Wakame Miso Soup - Although miso soup may not stand out to much, I have certainly enjoyed experimenting with it this year and the classic tofu and wakame version is among my favorites. It definitely deserves a spot on my favorite recipes of 2007 list!



Similar Posts:
My Top 10 Favorite Recipes in 2011
My Favorite Recipes in 2009
My Favorite Recipes in 2008
Top 10 Recipes in 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment