ADS

Turkey White Chili

Turkey White Chili

I recently came across the concept of a white chili. I have made the more standard red chili many times and I recently made green chili but I had never heard of a white chili before. After looking at a few recipes, a white chili seems to be a chili that is made with white beans and white meat and that also does not contain tomatoes or tomatillos. I though that it would be nice to try making a white chili with the turkey leftovers and the turkey stock that I had just made. This is a pretty basic chili recipe and yet it turned out to be really tasty. I think that the home made turkey stock played a big roll in the flavour of the chili. I will have to try making my own stock more often in the future. The corn added a nice sweetness to the chili that I enjoyed. I served the chili with sour cream and shredded cheese for garnish and some cornbread on the side. I think that I am enjoying the turkey leftovers more than the original turkey dinner!

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon oil
1 onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
6 jalapeno peppers (chopped)
1 tablespoon cumin (ground)
4 cups turkey stock
1 19 ounce can white kidney beans
1 cup cooked turkey (cut into bite sized pieces)
1 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup corn kernels
1 handful Cilantro (chopped)

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, jalapeno peppers and cumin and saute for a few minutes.
4. Add the turkey stock, beans, turkey, oregano, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add the corn and cook until warm.
7. Turn off the heat and stir in the cilantro.

Similar Recipes:
Turkey Pho
Spinach, White Bean and Turkey Sausage Soup
7 Chili Chili
Slow Braised Chili Con Carne
White Chicken Chili
Turkey and Zucchini Green Chili

Take a look at the RWT Chili Cook-Off at Running with Tweezers.

No comments:

Post a Comment