ADS

Beef Stock

I just had to use the bones from my prime rib dinner to make beef stock. I rarely get to make my own stock and so whenever I get the chance I do so. Home made stock just adds that extra bit of flavour to whatever you are using it in. Making stock is a great way to finish off those extra vegetables and herbs that you have lying around. I tend to just toss in whatever I have. I was thinking that it might be a good idea to add some roasted mushrooms to the stock but I was a bit worried that it would become more of a mushroom stock. Maybe I will try it next time. Of course one of the first things that I did with my newly made beef stock was to use it and some slices of the roast beef to make some beef ramen.

Ingredients:
* beef bones
1 onion (chopped)
2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
2 stalks celery (chopped)
* water
2 cups dry red wine
1 sprig of thyme
1 sprig of rosemary
6 sage leaves
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Roast the bones and vegetables in a preheated 450F oven for 45 minutes.
2. Transfer everything to a large stock pot and fill it with water.
3. Add the wine, herbs, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
4. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 4-6 hours.
5. Let it cool.
6. Stain out the bits.
7. Refrigerate it and skim of the fat.

Similar Recipes:
Chicken Stock
Chicken Broth
Turkey Stock
Vegetable Broth
Shrimp Stock
Ham Broth

No comments:

Post a Comment