ADS

The Perfect Prime Rib

The Perfect Prime Rib

I really enjoy a nice prime rib dinner and I have been wanting to try cooking my own for a while now. I had bookmarked Peter's post on how to cook a prime rib of beef when I saw it a while ago. I could not find prime rib with both the bone and the cap at regular grocery stores but I was able to find it at the St. Lawrence Market. The instructions seemed pretty easy but I did not pay close enough attention and the internal temperature of the roast had shot way up above 140F by the time I caught it. It was over done for my tastes... I prefer a nice medium-rare with lots of pink but mine had little or no pink. It still tasted good but it was not what I had been hoping for. Oh well, this just means that I will have/get to try making it again some time soon. Before then I still have a lot of prime rib to finish off and a few bones to use.

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment