ADS

Roasted Garlic

Roasted Garlic

I have been wanting to try roasting garlic for a while now. This weekend I finally got around to roasting some garlic to make garlic mashed potatoes. Raw garlic is pungent and can be quite strong. The roasted garlic mellowed out nicely and became smooth and a little sweet. I cannot believe how good it was! I ate a lot of it as it was when it came out of the oven. I will have to remember to make extra for snacking next time. Now I am going to have to look for more recipes that call for roasted garlic so that I can make some more.

Ingredients:
* heads of garlic
* olive oil
salt and pepper (optional)

Directions:
1. Cut the tops of the heads of garlic off such that a little bit of each clove is exposed.
2. Drizzle olive oil on the exposed garlic cloves and season with the salt and pepper.
3. Cover the garlic heads in aluminum foil.
4. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the garlic is soft and golden brown, about 30-60 minutes.
5 Let the garlic cool.

Use in:
Tostones with Roasted Garlic Mayo

No comments:

Post a Comment