ADS

Salsa Verde Turkey Burger

Salsa Verde Turkey Burger

Last year I tried tomatillos for the first time and I really enjoyed them. I have been keeping my eyes open for them and when I came across them at the farmers market on the weekend I picked some up right away. Of course the first thing that I made was some salsa verde and while I was enjoying it I remembered seeing this recipe for salsa verde turkey burgers on Prudence Pennywise. I liked the sound of pretty much everything about these burgers from the turkey to the salsa verde to the pepperjack cheese to the avocado to the way that it used the cilantro and I would even get to use some more green tomatoes! The salsa verde burgers did not hold together too well but they were super moist and they tasted great! I have been enjoying avocados lately and I would not have thought to combine them with mayonnaise but it was a fabulous combination that went well in this burger. Normally I would have just chopped up the cilantro and mixed it in with the burger but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was as a fresh garish in the burger. The tartness of the green tomatoes complimented the other flavours of the burgers nicely. These burgers may have been a bit messy but they were oh so tasty!

Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup salsa verde
4 slices pepperjack cheese
1 avocado (pitted and scooped)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 clove garlic (grated)
4 buns/rolls
green tomatoes (sliced) or pickled green tomatoes (sliced)
cilantro (optional)

Directions:
1. Mix the turkey, egg, breadcrumbs and salsa verde in a bowl.
2. Form 4 patties and place them on a broiling pan.
3. Broil until cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
4. Place the cheese slices on the patties and broil until melted, about 1 minute.
5. Mix the avocado, mayonnaise and garlic and mash the avocado to the desired consistency.
6. Serve the burger in a bun with the avocado mayonnaise, cilantro and sliced green tomatoes.

Similar Recipes:
Salsa Verde Pulled Chicken Sandwich
Thai Peanut Turkey Burger
Salsa Verde Lasagna
Jamaican Jerk Burgers with Pineapple and Banana Relish
Cuban Burgers
Fajita Burgers

Take a look at the SnackShots: Sandwich roundup on Greedy Gourmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment