ADS

Chocolate Chip and Sour Cream Banana Bread

Chocolate Chip and Sour Cream Banana Bread

My freezer was filling up with over ripe bananas that needed to be used. Since I really enjoyed that banana bread that I had made a while ago I though I would make another one. This time instead of making a plain banana bread I though I would make it a bit more exciting. I decided to add chocolate chips, walnuts, sour cream and some cinnamon. One of the reasons that I like banana bread so much is that I really enjoy the aroma of baking bananas. The cinnamon in this banana bread made the aroma even better. This banana bread turned out really good. I had a slice while it was still warm from the oven and the chocolate chips were still slightly melted and it was really good. I ate the banana bread for breakfasts during the week. I placed some of the banana bread in the fridge so that it would still be good by the end of the week. One morning I did not heat the chilled banana bread up and I found that I liked the texture of the solid chocolate in the banana bread. The chilled solid chocolate chips made you chew more to find all of them and thus you enjoyed the flavour of the bread longer.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup sour cream
3 overripe bananas (mashed)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)

Directions:
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Cream the butter and brown sugar in another bowl.
3. Stir the eggs, sour cream and banana into the butter and sugar.
4. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
6. Pour the batter into a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
7. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a tooth pick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Curried Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Banana Bread
Strawberry Sour Cream Bread
Sweet Potato Bread with Praline Sauce
Pumpkin Bread with Dried Cranberries, Toasted Pecans and White Chocolate Chips

Chocolate Chip and Sour Cream Banana Bread
Chocolate Zucchini Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment