ADS

Maryland Crab Cakes

Maryland Crab Cakes


I was going through my freezer when I came across the last of the frozen king crab that I had gotten a while ago. It was good because there were still a lot of recipes with crab on my to try list. The recipe that caught my attention was a Maryland crab cake recipe. The crab cake recipe almost sounded like a burger recipe with crab meat, bread crumbs, milk, eggs and seasonings. With the seasonings being mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and mustard they sounded really good. I used panko bread crumbs they were all that I had on hand. The crab cakes came together pretty easily. I read that the cakes might not hold together too well while frying and that you could chill the crab mixture in the fridge ahead of time and they would hold up better. I was a little hungry and skipped the chilling step and my cakes held together just fine. The Maryland crab cakes were really tasty! They were nice and crispy on the outside and soft and moist and tender on the inside. They were so tasty that they did not need any condiments.

Maryland Crab Cakes

(makes 4 crab cakes)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 pound crab meat
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon mustard
2 green onions (sliced)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:
1. Mix the crab, bread crumbs, milk, egg, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, green onions, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Grab a handful of the mixture and form a patty.
3. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan.
4. Fry the patty in the oil and butter until golden brown on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side.

Similar Recipes:
Crab Mac and Cheese
Crab Quesadillas
Tod Mun Pla (Thai Fish Cakes)
Zucchini Fritters
Corn Fritters
Fried Green Tomatoes with Crab Remoulade

No comments:

Post a Comment