ADS

Roasted Asparagus and Grape Tomato Pasta with a Goat Cheese Sauce

Roasted Asparagus and Grape Tomato Pasta with a Goat Cheese Sauce

I try to do all of my grocery shopping for the week at once. I like to come up with a list of everything that I need to get for the meal plan for the week. Sticking to the list is a challenge as I invariably end up impulse buying a few things. Like this week, I opened up my refrigerator at the end of the week to assess the situation only to find a full bunch of asparagus and a container of grape tomatoes staring at me. They were nowhere on my meal plan and of course they did not get used, but there they were. I grabbed them thinking that they looked good and then completely forgot about them. I also had some leftover goat cheese. I immediately though of a pasta with roasted asparagus and tomatoes with a goat cheese sauce. I melted the goats cheese into a bit of the pasta water to create a creamy and tangy sauce. It turned out pretty good for a clean out the fridge meal.

Ingredients:
1 handful grape tomatoes
1 handful asparagus (cut into bite sizes pieces)
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 serving of pasta
1 ounce goats cheese
1 tablespoon basil (chopped)

Directions:
1. Toss the tomatoes and asparagus in the olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Roast the tomatoes and asparagus in a preheated 425F oven for about 10 minutes.
3. Cook the pasta and drain reserving some of the pasta water.
4. Mix the pasta, tomatoes, asparagus and goat cheese in a bowl adding some pasta water to thin out the melted goats cheese sauce.
5. Serve garnished with chopped basil.

Similar Recipes:
Maccheroni Calabrese with Asparagus in Alfredo Sauce

Take a look at the Presto Pasta Nights roundup at Once Upon a Feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment