ADS

Amaretto Shrimp

Amaretto Shrimp

A while ago I came across a recipe for amaretto scallops that sounded really interesting. I like amaretto but I had never even thought about using it in a non-sweet dish like with seafood. After a bit of searching I came across this recipe for almond shrimp with amaretto butter. I really liked the sound of the browned butter and almond sauce on shrimp and I just had to try it. This dish came together in almost no time at all. The amaretto shrimp was so good! I was a bit worried that the dish might be too sweet but it was nicely balanced and quite tasty. The slivered almonds added a nice contrasting texture and some extra almond flavour. I served the amaretto shrimp on some coconut jasmine rice to soak up all of the buttered amaretto sauce. I can't wait to make this again.

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 medium onion (chopped)
1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1/2 cup amaretto
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Melt the butter in a pan and cook until golden brown.
2. Add the onion and saute until they just start to brown.
3. Add the shrimp and saute for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the amaretto, almonds and salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.

Amaretto Shrimp

Similar Recipes:
Vietnamese Caramel Shrimp (Tom Rim)
Tequila Lime Shrimp
Shrimp Scampi
Orange Chipotle Shrimp
Shrimp and Pineapple Teriyaki
Honey Walnut Shrimp
Maple and Miso Scallops
Pumpkin Gnocchi in a Brown Butter and Sage Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment