ADS

Asparagus with Garam Masala, Butter and Toasted Hazelnuts



For my first use of the garam masala that I had just made I wanted something that showed off the garam masala. Many recipes that use garam masala look like it might get lost in all of the other flavours so I wanted something pretty simple. I remembered seeing Jaden's recipe for green beans with garam masala butter and toasted hazelnuts which sounded like a nice way to fully experience the flavour of the garam masala. There was still a bit of local asparagus at the farmers market and I decided to swap out the green beans for asparagus. The asparagus with garam masala, butter and toasted hazel nuts turned out pretty good. I also liked the crunch that the hazelnuts added to the dish. I really like that such simple dishes can turn out so good. The garam masala had an amazing aroma and tasted just as good. With the first experiment with garam masala a success I am looking forward to trying it in a more complex dish.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup hazelnuts
1 pound asparagus (trimmed)
1 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Toast the nuts in a hot pan until golden brown.
2. Remove the nuts from the pan and rub them between towels to remove the skins.
3. Chop the nuts and set aside.
4. Steam the asparagus until tender.
5. Rinse the asparagus under cold water to stop the cooking process.
6. Melt the butter in a pan.
7. When the butter is slightly browned add the garam masala and saute until fragrant.
8. Add the asparagus and salt and toss to coat.
9. Serve topped with the chopped nuts.

Similar Recipes:
Asparagus Amandine
Asparagus in Gorgonzola Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment