ADS

Chicken and Cashew Curry

Chicken and Cashew Curry

For my next experiment with garam masala I wanted to try a more complex dish and I was thinking about a curry. I wanted a curry with a fairly simple flavour profile so as to not loose the garam masala in the mix. I went through my bookmarks and came across this recipe for chicken and cashew curry by Sunita of Sunita's World.... I also liked this recipe as it called for some saffron as I had picked some up but I had yet to use it. This curry called for ground cashews but my poor mini chop food processor is on its last legs and is not capable of grinding nuts. Luckily I had some cashew butter and used that along with some whole cashews instead. This recipe was interesting in that it uses no oil. Instead everything is simmered together which makes it super simple to make. It turned out pretty good. The garam masala added a nice aroma and spiciness and the chili flakes added some heat. I liked the creaminess that the cashew butter and yogurt added. So far I have been enjoying the garam masala.

Ingredients:
1 pound chicken (cut into bite sized pieces)
1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 tablespoon cumin (toasted and ground)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 pinch saffron
1 tablespoon cashew butter
1 handful cashews
2 cups water
2 bay leaves
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 handful cilantro (chopped)

Directions:
1. Mix everything except the cilantro in a pan.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and mix in the cilantro.

Similar Recipes:
Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
Butter Paneer Masala
Palak Paneer
Garam Masala Roasted Halibut in a Tomato Curry Sauce
Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani)

No comments:

Post a Comment