ADS

Chips (French Fries)

Chips (French Fries)

The final part of my fish and chips meal was the chips. Given the number of restaurants that don't seem to be able to get french fries right, I was expecting them to be rather difficult to make. I like my fries nice and golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside and soft, warm and creamy on the inside. I had heard that a good way to get nice and crispy fries was to fry them twice. The idea is that you fry the hard raw potato slices until they are soft and floppy and remove them from the oil. The temperature of the oil is then increased and the fries are fried a second time. Since I don't have a deep fryer I used a large sauce pan filled with oil and I estimated the temperatures. I was a little bit surprised that the chips came out really well; They were just how I like them. I enjoyed the chips with salt and malt vinegar and I dipped a few of them into the tartar sauce. They really made the fish and chips meal complete. In the future, when I have a craving for chips I will be able to satisfy it at home.

Ingredients:
4 potatoes (such as russet)
oil for frying
salt

Directions:
1. Cut the potatoes into the desired shape.
2. Heat the oil to 325.
3. Add the fries and fry until pale and floppy, about 2-3 minutes, and remove.
4. Heat the oil to 375.
5. Add the fries and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes and remove.
5. Season with salt to taste.

Serve with:
Greek Style Pulled Lamb Fries
Crispy Beer Battered Fish Sandwich

Similar Recipes:
Tostones with Roasted Garlic Mayo
Sweet Potato Wedges
Beer Battered Fish (Fish and Chips)
Onion Rings (French Fried Onions)
Fried Calamari
Sweet Potato Poutine
Potato Skins
Baked Fries
Feta Fries

No comments:

Post a Comment