ADS

Coleslaw

Coleslaw

When I think about salads, cabbage is not the first thing that comes to mind but it can be used to make some good salads. Coleslaw is perhaps the most common cabbage based salad. There are many recipes for coleslaw but at its base it seems to be shredded cabbage, carrots, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar and sugar. Coleslaw is also a common side served with fish and chips so I included it in my fish and chips dinner. I made a few substitutions and additions to my coleslaw. Since I was already using dill in the meal and I had some left over I decided to add some to the cole slaw. This creamy dilled coleslaw was good and it went well with the fish and chips dinner.

Ingredients:
2 cups cabbage (shredded)
1 carrot (shredded)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon sugar
1 lemon (juice)
salt and pepper to taste
1 handful parsley (chopped)

Directions:
1. Mix the cabbage and carrot in a large bowl.
2. Mix the mayo, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Mix everything together.

Serve with/Use in:
Beer Battered Fish (Fish and Chips)
Crispy Beer Battered Fish Sandwich
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with Slaw
Rachel Sandwich (aka Roast Turkey Reuben Sandwich)
BBQ Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese

Similar Recipes:
Blue Cheese Coleslaw
Sesame and Ginger Coleslaw
Sesame and Ginger Coleslaw (Mayoless)
Thai Style Slaw
Tartar Sauce
Apple Slaw in Creamy Maple Dijon Dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment