ADS

Fried Calamari

Fried Calamari

The other day when I was at the fishmongers I noticed that they had some calamari or squid. I had been wanting to try calamari for a while so I picked some up immediately. As luck would have it the calamari was already cleaned up, so there was less work for me. Whenever I have seen calamari it had always been served fried so I decided to go with fried calamari for the first time. I kept it simple and dredged the calamari in a simple mixture of flour, salt and pepper. Making the fried calamari was as easy as making french fries. The calamari was nice and crispy on the outside and warm and moist and slightly chewy on the inside. I quite enjoyed the texture and chewiness of the calamari. I served the fried calamari with some tartar sauce and some slices of lemon. I wonder what other things I can use calamari in?

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound calamari (cleaned and cut into rings)
oil for frying

Directions:
1. Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Dredge the calamari in the flour.
3. Fry the calamari in the preheated 357F oil until golden brown, about 2 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Onion Rings (French Fried Onions)
Beer Battered Fish
Chips (French Fries)
Curried Fried Mushrooms
Calamari Tacos with Salsa Naranja

No comments:

Post a Comment