ADS

Apricot Chicken Curry

Apricot Chicken Curry

The farmers market was full of apricots and I wanted to do something with them. I remembered seeing a recipe for a Thai inspired apricot chicken a while ago and I liked the sound of using apricots in a savoury dish. I also really like the sound of using Thai flavours as I was itching to use some more of the red curry paste that I had just made. In addition to an apricot sauce I wanted nice chunks of apricots as well as the chicken to form the body of the curry. I was thinking that I would make a pretty standard Thai curry except that the coconut milk would be replaced by pureed apricots. Since I was already using apricots I thought that it would be nice to use some apricot preserves for the sweetener instead of the palm sugar. The apricot chicken curry came together quickly and easily and it was really good! The apricot sauce was a nice balance of sweet, salty, tart and spicy and it was so full of apricot goodness. I really enjoyed the fruit based curry sauce. I served the apricot chicken curry on some aromatic coconut jasmine rice.

Ingredients:
4 apricots (stoned and peeled)
1 tablespoon apricot preserves
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1/2 lime (juice and zest)
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon red curry paste
1 pound chicken breast (cut into bit sized pieces)
6 apricots (stoned and peeled and cut into bite sized pieces)
1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
1 red chili (sliced)

Directions:
1. Puree the apricots, apricot preserves, fish sauce, lime juice and zest in a food processor.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Add the red curry paste and saute for a minute.
4. Add the chicken and the apricot sauce and simmer until the chicken is cooked, about 6-10 minutes.
5. Add the apricots and simmer for a minute.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
7. Serve on coconut jasmine rice and garnish with sliced red chilies.

Similar Recipes:
Prawn and Pineapple Curry
Thai Mango Chicken
Penang Gai (Chicken Penang Curry)
Chipotle Chicken, Apricot and Brie Quesadillas

No comments:

Post a Comment