ADS

Curried Chicken Burger

Curried Chicken Burger

Summer is the perfect time for enjoying burgers and this summer I seem to be on a burger kick. I have made a few different burgers so far using a different meat in each one. I wanted to try making chicken burgers next and I was thinking that curried chicken burgers would be really tasty. I started out with the ground chicken and added a heaping tablespoon of my favorite curry powder followed by some ginger, garlic and some chili heat. I also wanted to try making the burgers with some herbs in them and cilantro sounded perfect. I could not resist dressing the burger up with some spicy mango chutney and some cool and creamy curried mayonnaise. The chicken burgers turned out pretty good. They were nice and moist and they held together well. Most importantly, they were really tasty! The mango chutney and mayonnaise went well with the chicken burgers adding even more flavour. I served the chicken burgers with some curried potato salad with peas and some mango and black bean salsa. It was a really nice summer meal.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground chicken
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon garlic (grated)
1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
1 teaspoon chili sauce
1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
1 egg
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
4 buns
curried mayonnaise
lettuce
tomatoes
mango chutney

Directions:
1. Mix the chicken, curry powder, garlic, ginger, chili sauce, green onions, cilantro, egg, and bread crumbs in a large bowl.
2. Form 4 patties and place on a broiling pan.
3. Broil until cooked, about 10-15 minutes flipping once in the middle.

Similar Recipes:
Thai Peanut Turkey Burger
Salsa Verde Turkey Burger
Bulgogi Burgers
Greek Lamb Burger
Chicken Satay Burgers

No comments:

Post a Comment