ADS

Prawn and Pineapple Curry

Prawn and Pineapple Curry

While I was searching for red curry paste recipes I came across a recipe for a prawn and pineapple curry which sounded interesting. I had not used fruit in a Thai curry before and I wanted to try. I took my basic outline of a Thai curry and added the shrimp and pineapple and I used the freshly made red curry paste. Other than the flavour, the thing that I like most about Thai curries is that they are easy to make and they come together quickly. This curry was no different and it was ready in only a few minutes. The flavours of the red curry paste were so good! Though, it was not quite as hot as I would have liked it. I will add more red chillies the next time I make it. The pineapple worked well in the curry adding a nice sweetness and tartness to the flavours of the curry. It was really nice biting into the juicy and refreshing pieces of pineapple in the curry.

Ingredients:
1 can coconut milk
2 tablespoons red curry paste
1 pound shrimp (peeled and deviened)
1 pound pineapple (cut into bite sized pieces)
3 tablespoons fish sauce
2 teaspoons palm sugar (or brown sugar)
2 kaffir lime leaves (or basil, sliced)
1 handful Thai basil (chopped)
1 red chili (sliced)

Directions:
1. Skim 1 tablespoon of the thicker coconut milk from the top of the can and heat it in a pan. (Or heat one tablespoon oil in a pan.)
2. Add the red curry paste and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add the coconut milk, shrimp, pineapple, fish sauce, palm sugar and kaffir lime leaves and simmer until the shrimp are cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Taste the curry and make sure that all of the flavours are balanced.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the basil.
6. Serve garnished with red chilies.

Similar Recipes:
Apricot Chicken Curry
Penang Kung (Prawn Penang Curry)
Penang Gai (Chicken Penang Curry)
Shrimp and Pineapple Teriyaki
Curried Pineapple Banana Bread (Siamese Loaf)
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Thai Cucumber and Pineapple Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment