ADS

Corn, Zucchini and Chicken Pizza

Corn, Zucchini and Chicken Pizza

One last dish from before the vacation, rounding off my enjoyment of the fresh local corn. It had been a while since I had last had a pizza and I had been craving it. I was thinking that corn would work on a pizza with lots of gooey melted cheese. I also had a nice looking zucchini and I thought I would finish it off with some chicken. Instead of going with a tomato based pizza sauce I thought that a salsa verde based sauce would be really good. I sauteed all of the toppings in a pan and then tossed them with the salsa verde. Throw it on some pizza dough, top with a generous serving of cheese and bake it in an oven and its all done. It turned out to be a pretty tasty pizza. The sweet corn went well on a pizza and the salsa verde based sauce added a ton of flavour. I garnished the pizza with some fresh chopped cilantro when it came out of the oven.

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon canola oil
1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
1/2 cup zucchini (chopped)
1/4 cup salsa verde
1 handful cilantro (chopped)
1 pizza dough
1 handful Monterrey Jack cheese (grated)
1 handful cheddar cheese (grated)
1 handful cilantro (chopped)

Directions:
1. Season the chicken with the cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Add the chicken ans saute for about 3 minutes.
4. Add onion, corn and zucchini and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add the salsa verde and saute for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and mix in the cilantro.
7. Roll out the pizza dough.
8. Spread the mixture over the pizza dough and top with the cheese.
9. Bake in a preheated 450F oven until the dough is golden brown, about 10 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Corn and Black Bean Tortilla Pie
Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas

Corn, Zucchini and Chicken Pizza - Slice

No comments:

Post a Comment