ADS

Swiss Chard and Cannellini Beans

Swiss Chard and Cannellini Beans

Continuing right along on my Swiss chard kick, I thought that I might beef up some simple sauteed Swiss chard to make it into more of a light meal. I recalled having seen some Swiss chard served with beans and tomatoes that sounded nice. Since I am always looking for new ways to enjoy beans this dish worked for me in more ways than one. The Swiss chard with tomatoes and cannellini beans were super easy and quick to make and they tasted great. I liked it so much that I have already made it a second time and I beefed it up even more with the addition of a crumbled Italian sausage. The Italian sausage of course brought a ton of flavour to the dish in addition to making it more filling. I am off to search for more ways to enjoy Swiss chard.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 small onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 bunch Swiss chard (chopped)
1 tomato (chopped)
1 19 ounce can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the red pepper flakes, onion garlic and saute until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomato and Swiss chard stalks and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the Swiss chard leaves and cook until wilted.
5. Stir in the beans and heat.
6. Season with salt and pepper.

Swiss Chard, Cannellini Beans and Sausage

Similar Recipes:
Sausage on Lentils and Greens
Sauteed Swiss Chard
Chard Sauteed with Raisins and Pine Nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment