ADS

Chard Sauteed with Raisins and Pine Nuts

Chard Sauteed with Raisins and Pine Nuts

To finish off my curried honey dijon roasted chicken dinner I was looking for something green. As luck would have it I had just come across a new way to enjoy greens; catalan spinach on Spain...On The Road Again. The original recipe called for spinach but I figured that it would work with pretty much any green leaf vegetable and since I have been enjoying swiss chard lately I decided to go with that. One of the things that I like about swiss chard is that it can be a little bitter and I liked the sound of adding some sweet raisins to it. This side dish is easy to make and comes together in a matter of minutes. I quite enjoyed serving the swiss chard this way. It was a really nice simple combination of flavours and textures and it went well with the rest of the meal.

Ingredients:
1 table spoon olive oil
2 tablespoons pine nuts
2 tablespoons dried currants (or raisins)
1 bunch swiss chard (rinsed and shaken dry and chopped)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the pine nuts, raisins and swiss chard stalks and saute until the pine nuts start to brown, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the swiss chard until it wilts, about 3 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper.

Similar Recipes:
Sauteed Swiss Chard
Swiss Chard and Cannellini Beans
Spaghetti Squash and Chard Gratin

No comments:

Post a Comment