ADS

Thai Style Coconut Butternut Squash

Thai Style Coconut Butternut Squash

When it came to deciding the side dishes to serve with my curried honey dijon roasted chicken I knew that I would have to include some butternut squash as I had a ton of it. I remembered seeing a recipe for a coconut butternut squash that sounded good. Since I already had curry in my meal I decided to swap the curry out of the original recipe and I was thinking about going with a more Thai type of theme. I added some fish sauce, lime juice, chili sauce and palm sugar to get the classic Thai salty, sour, spicy and sweet combo. This squash dish was pretty easy to make as it simmered on the stove top without much attention while the chicken roasted in the oven. The Thai style coconut butternut squash turned out great! The combination of flavours went really well with the sweet butternut squash and I enjoyed the coconut milk that ended up more like a sauce. I garnished the squash with some toasted coconut flakes and chopped cilantro. Some time soon I am going to have to try the original curried version.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
2 cups butternut squash (cut into 1 inch cubes)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon palm sugar (or sugar)
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili sauce
1 handful coconut (toasted)
1 handful cilantro (chopped)

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
3. Add the squash, coconut milk, sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, chili sauce, cover and simmer until the squash it tender, about 30 minutes.
4. Set the squash aside and reduce the liquid.
5. Pour the reduced coconut milk onto the squash and garnish with coconut and cilantro.

Similar Recipes:
Harissa Roasted Squash
Roasted Squash with Gorgonzola and Maple Syrup
Beef Rendang
Similar Recipes:
Roasted Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Pizza with Gorgonzola and Crispy Fried Sage
Roasted Squash with Gorgonzola and Maple Syrup
Pumpkin Gnocchi in Gorgonzola Sauce
Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Lasagna
Roasted Acorn Squash with Green Tomato and Jalapeno Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment