ADS

Agadeshi Tofu


How can I have a Japanese meal without the good old Agadeshi tofu, right? Simple and refreshing.

Anyway, as I'm typing out this post, my daughter said to me, "Wow! I have been hearing so much about dashi, soy sauce and mirin this week!" Ha! I guess a little bit too much Japanese cooking for this week. Well, at least my family enjoyed the meal.




Agadeshi Tofu
Ingredients

2 Packet Soft Tofu
Corn Flour
Some Grated Ginger
1 Red Chili, minced
1 Egg, Lightly beaten
Some Bonito Flakes
1 cup Dashi Stock
1 tsp Mirin
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Sake

Method

Cut the tofu into 6 or 8 squares for each packet. Drain the tofu well on a paper towel.

Prepare the sauce. Combine the dashi stock, mirin, soy sauce and sake. Bring it to a boil and set it aside.

Heat the oil over a moderate heat. Dip the tofu into the lightly beaten egg, then coat with corn flour and shake off any excess flour. Deep fry the tofu until light golden in color. Make sure to fry in small batches. Dish out and drain on paper towel.

To serve, arrange 3 or 4 pieces of fried tofu in a bowl. Ladle the soup into the bowl and top it with some grated ginger and minced red chili. If you like, top it with some bonito flakes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment