ADS

Cranberry Corn Bread

Cranberry Corn Bread

I wanted to do a cornbread stuffing with my Texmex themed holiday turkey dinner and that meant that I would need some corn bread. Since I was making the corn bread anyways I could not resist playing around a little and I added some cranberries. Corn bread is a quick bread that is made with cornmeal and it is really easy to make. This corn bread came together quickly and easily. I could not resist having a piece just as soon as it came out of the oven. I topped it with some butter that quickly melted into the cornbread and a drizzle of honey and it was amazing! The tart cranberries went really well with the slightly sweet cornbread and the honey on top. The butter of course added a nice savoriness. With only one slice missing I now had my corn bread for the corn bread stuffing.

I used the leftovers to make corn bread stuffing with chorizo.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cranberries (cut in half)

Directions:
1. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Mix in the eggs one at a time followed by the milk.
3. Mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Mix in the cranberries.
6. Pour the mixture into a greased 9 inch square baking pan.
7. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 20-30 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Corn Bread
Cottage Cheese Cornbread
Jalapeno Cornbread

No comments:

Post a Comment