ADS

Cranberry Crumb Coffeecake

Cranberry Crumb Coffeecake

One of the things that I like about baking breakfasts is that they generally make enough to last the entire week. That way I can make the breakfast on the weekend and I have quick already made breakfasts for the rest of the week. For the holiday week I knew that I wanted to make a breakfast on the weekend so that I could save time during the busy week. I had originally planned to make to make a cranberry quick bread for the week but then I saw this recipe for a cranberry coffeecake that sounded too good to pass up. I liked the sound of using cranberry sauce in a new way and a layer of tart cranberries in a sweet coffeecake sounded like a nice way to do so. I made the maple cranberry sauce that I had made a while ago and enjoyed. The coffeecake came together easily an turned out really well. It was nice and light and moist and good. The tart cranberry sauce worked really well with the sweet layer coffeecake crumbs. Now I will have quick and tasty breakfasts ready for the busy week ahead.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup yogurt (I used vanilla, or sour cream)
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cranberry sauce
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup flour

Directions:
1. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Mix in the yogurt, almond extract and vanilla extract.
4. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
5. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
6. Pour the batter into a greased 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
7. Pour the cranberry sauce on top.
8. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
9. Mix in the salt, cinnamon and flour until crumbs form.
10. Sprinkle the crumbs over the cake.
11. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Sour Cream Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Rhubarb Crumb Cake
Light Swirl Coffee Cake with Maple Glaze
Blueberry Coffee Cake
Gooseberry Crumb Cake
Strawberries and Cream Coffee Cake with Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze

No comments:

Post a Comment