ADS

Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I just realized that there weren't that many days left before the holidays and that there was still a lot to do. Among the things to do was some holiday baking. While I was thinking about what I wanted to make this year my eyes kept wandering to a bar of white chocolate that I had picked up on sale a while ago and I kept thinking about my favorite cookies, the white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies. Inspiration hit and I decided to try a holiday version of the cookies where the macadamia nuts were replace with some green pistachios and I added some red cranberries for some holiday colours. I had also been wanting to try adding some rolled oats to a batch of cookies and it was the perfect time. These cookies took a bit longer to make as I had to shell the pistachios but other than that they took almost no time at all. The cranberry, pistachio and white chocolate oatmeal cookies turned out great! The were slightly crisp on the edges and nice and soft on the inside. They were just packed full of great flavours and textures from the crunchy nuts to the chewy cranberries to the creamy white chocolate. The rolled oats seems to disappear from the outside but you could still see them on the inside and they also added a nice chewy texture to the cookies. These cookies are going to disappear quickly!

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment