ADS

Green Beans with Parmesan Bread Crumbs

Green Beans with Parmesan Bread Crumbs

To complete my steak in green peppercorn sauce meal I needed only one more thing, something green. I like to try to include green vegetables in my meals whenever possible. Green beans are still readily available at the farmers market and I wanted to do something with them. I remembered seeing a recipe for green beans in parmesan and sage breadcrumbs that sounded nice. I did not have the sage on hand so I decided to use the thyme that I did have. The green beans in parmesan bread crumbs were really easy to make and took very little effort. The toasted parmesan bread crumbs were really tasty and provided a nice crunchy texture to the green beans.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon thyme (chopped, or sage)
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
1 pound green beans (trimmed, steamed)

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about one minute.
2. Add the breadcrumbs and parmigiano reggiano and saute until golden brown and toasted.
3. Remove from heat and toss with the steamed green beans.

Similar Recipes:
Green Beans in Butter and Lemon with Parmigiano Reggiano
Maple Dijon Green Beans
Green Beans in Spicy Peanut Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment