ADS

Roasted Brussels Sprouts au Gratin

Roasted Brussels Sprouts Gratin

For the final component of my turkey dinner I wanted something green. I had recently realized that I had not done anything with brussels sprouts so far this season and I had been wanting to do something with them. While searching for brussels sprouts recipes I came across this one for a brussels sprout gratin which sounded really good. How can you go wrong with smothering vegetables in cream and cheese? Even better, the brussels sprouts were roasted first to bring out their flavour. I had been hoping to find a texmex take on brussels sprouts but once I came across the roasted brussels sprouts gratin I just couldn't get them out of my head and they went into the dinner anyways. The gratin was pretty simple to make and turned out great! The panko bread crumbs and gruyere formed a nice crunchy and cheesy golden brown layer on top and the creamy roasted brussels sprouts underneath were so good!! Despite the fact that the rest of the meal was really good, it was these brussels sprouts that stole the show and I reached for seconds of them before anything else.

Ingredients:
2 pounds brussels sprouts (trimmed and cut in half)
1 tablespoon oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoon butter (melted)
1 cup panko bread crumbs (or regular bread crumbs)
1 cup gruyère cheese (grated)

Directions:
1. Toss the brussels sprouts in the oil, salt and pepper.
2. Place the brussels sprouts in a 13 by 9 inch baking pan in a single layer.
3. Roast the brussels sprouts in a preheated 425F oven until tender, about 20-30 minutes.
4. Pour the cream over the brussels sprouts and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Mix the butter, bread crumbs and cheese and sprinkle on top of the brussels sprouts.
6. Broil until golden brown on top, about 3-5 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Brussels Sprouts with Smoked Bacon, Mustard Cream and a Parmesan Crust
Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Potatoes au Gratin
Onion Gratin
Cauliflower Gratin
Spaghetti Squash and Chard Gratin
Maple Dijon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Rutabaga Gratin
Hot Cheesy Roasted Brussels Sprout Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment